Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"a haven for the disaffected"

My wife Jen, perhaps the better half of the management of Old Truck Antiques (I being the lesser), wrote in the preceding post that she once thought of blogs as "only as a haven for the disaffected. I was misinformed and I see now the errors in my judgement and in my haste to disavow its virtues."

Don't believe her. a) Jen is disaffected with alleged antique stores that are chock-full of collectibles and 20th century junk as well as the "keeper of the pass-key of knowledge" attitude often espoused by museums and higher institutes of learning, and b) I have it on good authority that she intends to use this blog as a soapbox from which to rail against these and other evils plaguing the study and reenacting of the past.

Consider yourselves warned.

- Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment